4989 Golden Foothill Pkwy., Suite 2
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
|Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (M.B;B.S)
Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, INDIA.
January 1998 - June 2003
- Master of Science in Experimental Pathology
New York Medical College, Valhalla NY.
January 2004 - June 2006
- Residency in Internal Medicine
Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center, Detroit MI.
July 2006 - June 2009
- Fellowship in Nephrology
University of Alabama-Birmingham, Birmingham AL.
July 2009 - June 2011
- Board certified in Internal Medicine (ABIM ID 302768)
- Board certified in Nephrology (ABIM ID 302768)
- Michigan state physician license (License# 4301087885)
Through January 2015
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Oakland University William Beaumont
School of Medicine.
- Nephrology Associate, Mountain Kidney and Hypertension Associates,
July 2011 - July 2012
- Medical Director of Davita McDowell County Dialysis Unit in Marion NC.
July 2011 - July 2012
- Nephrologist, Department of Internal Medicine and Multi-Organ
Transplantation, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak MI.
August 2012 - Prensent
- American Society of Transplantation
Through December 2015
- American Society of Nephrology
Through December 2015
|Publications-Peer Reviewed Journal:
- Pod1 induces myofibroblast differentiation in mesenchymal progenitor cells from mouse kidney. J Cell Biochem. 2008 Feb 1; 103 (2):675-90. Plotkin, Matthew; Mudunuri, Vijay. Renal Research Institute, New York Medical College, Valhalla NY
- Thrombectomy of arteriovenous dialysis grafts with early failure: Is it worthwhile? Semin Dial. 2010 Nov-Dec; 23(6):634-7. Mudunuri, Vijay; O'Neal, Jeremy; Allon, Michael. Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham AL.
- 10th AP State Joint conference of IAPSM (Indian association of preventive and social medicine) & IPHA (Indian public health association) in 2002. A study of assessment of Knowledge, attitude and practices on hypertension among cardiovascular disease patients versus controls. Vijay Mudunuri, M.L.Suryaprabha, Ram Prasad, MD. Osmania Medical College, India.
- ASN conference poster presentation in 2005. Concomitant up-regulation of p53 and Bcl2 by glycated collagen I contribute to the induction of premature senescence of endothelial cells, an event initiated via RAGE and NFkB pathway. Chen J, Mudunuri V, Mendelev N, Patschan S, Goligorsky MS. Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla NY
- ACP Michigan Poster presentation in 2007. Unusual case of coronary-subclavian steal syndrome. Vijay Mudunuri, Rekha Galla, Gail Dawson, Deepak Thatai. Department of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- American Transplant Congress in 2013. Impact of prospective monitoring for donor specific antibodies on renal transplant outcomes with Alemtuzumab Induction. V. Saini, V. Mudunuri, S. Cohn, G. Reddy, V. Raofi, L. Rocher, A. Koffron, R. Parasuraman, D. Samarapungavan. MultiOrgan Transplant Program, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak MI.
- ACP Michigan Poster presentation in 2007. An unusual case of hypersensitivity syndrome due to Olanzapine. Vijay Mudunuri, Dionne Posey, Ashok Kondur. Department of Medicine and Pediatrics, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- American College of Gastroenterology Abstracts in 2008. Hepatic manifestations of Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Afreen Khan, Vijay Mudunuri, Milton Mutchnick, Elizabeth Puscheck. Department of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- American Transplant Congress in 2013. Polyclonal light chain deposition in the proximal tubules early after deceased donor renal transplantation: A contributing factor for graft dysfunction? R. Parasuraman, A. Koffron, V. Mudunuri, S. Cohn, V. Raofi, L. Rocher, M. Gabriel, D. Samarapungavan, P. Zhang. Division of Transplantation, Beaumont Health System, Royal Oak MI.
- American Society of Clinical Pathology in 2014. Natural Killer Cells Are Involved in both Acute Antibody Medicated Rejection and Acute Cellular Rejection. Diane Cosner, Michelle T. Rooney, Dilip Samarapungavan, Wei Li, Steven R. Cohn, Vijay Mudunuri, Gampala H. Reddy, Leslie L. Rocher, Francis Dumler, Alan Koffron and Ping L. Zhang. Transplant Surgery and Nephrology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI.
- Overview of Hepatorenal syndrome- University of Alabama at Birmingham 01/2010.
- Renal and extra renal manifestations of Fabry’s disease- University of Alabama at Birmingham 12/2010.
- Vascular calcification in chronic kidney disease- University of Alabama at
- Long term allograft dysfunction- Transplantation Grand Rounds at William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak 09/2012.
- Kidney transplant in the elderly- Transplantation Grand Rounds at William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak 12/2012
- Pregnancy related outcomes after kidney transplantation- Transplantation Grand Rounds at William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak 05/2013
- Everolimus facilitated CNI minimization in kidney transplant- Transplantation Grand Rounds at William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak 02/2014
- BK Polyoma virus in kidney transplant- Transplantation Grand Rounds at William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak 04/2014
- Introductory lectures for Internal Medicine Residents: Renal Replacement Threrapy.
University of Alabama, Birmingham 2010-11
- Medical student group discussion on renal physiology and clinical implications.
University of Alabama, Birmingham 2011.
- Modulation of NADPH oxidase by normoxic and hypoxic conditions in bovine coronary and pulmonary arteries. Department of Physiology at New York Medical College. 2004
- Differentiation of mesenchymal progenitor cells to smooth muscle cells and myofibroblasts and their role in the repair process of injured kidney. Renal research Institute at New York medical College. 2005 - 2006
- Mechanisms of premature senescence of endothelial cells in diabetic microenvironment. Renal research Institute at New York Medical College. 2005 -2006
- Pulse polio immunization program in India 1998-2001.
- Promotion of awareness of kidney disease on world kidney day in March 2011 in Birmingham, AL.